A Message from Frank McPherson, the County Director
UC Master Gardeners are University of California Cooperative Extension (UCCE) trained volunteers. They are residents of our community that give back year after year to provide UCCE researched-based horticultural information to individuals in their communities and throughout the state.
They give talks and demonstrations, conduct plant clinics, staff phone help lines, provide training at community gardens, support school garden programs, staff information tables at Farmers’ Markets, fairs, nurseries and much more.
If you would like to donate to support our efforts, please click the MAKE A GIFT link below to leave your donation. Thank you!
Due to the recent shelter in place order for Alameda County, the UC Master Gardeners Program of Alameda County is taking extra steps to ensure that our community and volunteers are safe.
Our live, in-person events are canceled until it is safe to resume. Our help desk may be slow to respond, but you may still submit a request through our online form.
NEW!! Online events
Your Alameda County Garden, Month-by-Month
Our Great Tomato Share
UC Master Gardeners donate tomato plants for students
Advice to grow by. Just ask us!
- Click here: ASK THE HELP DESK! (a form will pop up to walk you through the process)
- Email us at email@example.com Please tell us:
- Your name, phone number and city
- Problem description - if applicable: name of plant, when the problem began, history of watering, fertilizing, pruning, pesticides, etc.
- Photographs of the problem, if possible