Shelter in Place Order - COVID-19 Closures & Postponements
Due to the recent shelter in place order for Alameda County, the UC Master Gardeners Program of Alameda County is taking extra steps to ensure that our community and volunteers are safe.
Starting on March 17th, our live, in-person events are canceled until it is safe to resume. Our help desk may be slow to respond, but you may still submit a request through our online form. We are working to develop on-line events to continue to provide our garden tips and know-how, especially now as gardening solo in the safety of your own yard, balcony or window ledge pots are one of the ways people can stay engaged, entertained and educated.
Your Alameda County Garden, Month-by-MonthMonthly Tips from Master Gardeners on gardening tasks you can do each month to make your garden healthy, beautiful and productive.
Advice to grow by. Just ask us!
- Click here: ASK THE HELP DESK! (a form will pop up to walk you through the process)
- Email us at email@example.com Please tell us:
- Your name, phone number and city
- Problem description - if applicable: name of plant, when the problem began, history of watering, fertilizing, pruning, pesticides, etc.
- Photographs of the problem, if possible
Master Gardeners have Demonstration Gardens in Albany, Oakland, Livermore and Fremont that you can visit. You can see drought tolerant landscaping and vegetable gardening methods and techniques demonstrated at our gardens, attend workshops and talks held year round, and meet Master Gardeners who can help answer your gardening questions.